United States Tennis Association
“Net Generation 2018 US Open Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, QUEBEC PROVINCE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID EMAIL ADDRESS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.
The United States Tennis Association Incorporated’s (“USTA”) “Net Generation 2018 US Open Sweepstakes” Sweepstakes (hereinafter, the “Sweepstakes”) is offered and open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S., the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec Province) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and an approved Net Generation Provider. If you signed up to be a Net Generation Provider between 03/01/2017 and 08/28/2017 and meet the criteria stated below, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Employees, officers, and directors of the United States Tennis Association Incorporated (“Sponsor”), The Regan Group (“TRG”) (Collectively “Releasees”), and each of their respective parents, affiliates and/or subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, web masters and web suppliers, and their immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister, daughter, son, or spouse, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the same household of each of such persons (whether or not related), are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
2. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD
Promotional Period begins on 8/29/17 at 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), and ends on 10/31/2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) ("Promotional Period").
Log on to https://netgeneration.usta.com/ (“Web site”) and follow the instructions to register to be a Net Generation Provider or login to your account. Complete the Safe Play Program and add at least one program or approved facility into the Program Management Center. Once you have met the criteria above you will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. By participating, you agree to be bound by the Official Rules of the promotion.
You will also be given the option to receive marketing emails from the Sponsor. The Sponsor’s marketing emails are not related to entering the Sweepstakes, and whether or not you elect to receive such marketing emails will have no effect on your ability to enter or your chances of winning a prize in this Sweepstakes. If you wish to receive marketing emails from the Sponsor, click on the applicable box. (You can “opt out” at any time from receiving marketing communications from the Sponsor by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link found in any such communication, then follow the instructions.) Even if you do not opt in to receive marketing emails from the Sponsor or if you do and later opt out, Sponsor reserves the right to send you emails about the Sweepstakes. Using a browser or device not supported may prevent participation in the Sweepstakes. While all efforts are made to support current browsers and devices, new browsers and devices may not be supported if brought to market after the development of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any browser or device supporting issues.
Limit one entry, per person. Not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected entries or entries not received in time for the random drawing or for electronic, network or computer/scanner failures or malfunctions, or other technical errors of any kind.
One (1) Potential Grand Prize Winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The drawing will occur on or about December 4, 2017 by Promotion Administrator. Winner will be notified by email, telephone, or overnight carrier within approximately one (1) day of the drawing.
5. PRIZES/VALUES/ODDS OF WINNING:
· Four (4) courtside tickets in Arthur Ashe Stadium, session to be determined by USTA in their sole discretion.
· Four (4) round trip coach air transportation tickets from the nearest major U.S. airport of the Grand Prize winner’s residence to the John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, New York.
· 2 Nights/3 Days hotel accommodations at a Starwood Properties location (Two standard rooms, each double occupancy)
· Ground transportation to and from airport in New York
· Ground transportation to and from the US Open
If a Grand Prize Winner resides within a two hundred (200) mile radius of New York, New York, round-trip air transportation, ground transportation to and from the airport, and ground transportation to and from the US Open will not be provided. No compensation will be awarded in lieu of the difference in the ARV for the Grand Prize. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US$4,984.
The travel companion of each Grand Prize Winner must travel with Grand Prize Winner on the same itinerary and shall be required (or, if a minor, his/her parent/legal guardian shall be required) to sign and return a travel companion release and release of liability/publicity prior to issuance of travel documents. Minors traveling with a Grand Prize Winner must be accompanied at all times by their parent/legal guardian. Winner must be able to travel during the dates of Opening Weekend of the 2018 US Open and book travel at least 30 days in advance.
Winner will be solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, insurance, and is responsible for all gratuities, meals, ground transportation, and any other costs or expenses not stated in these Rules. In the event that tickets are not available for any reason, Sponsor may award to winner either the value of that component or a substitution of equal or greater value for that component and the remaining elements of prize, and such awarded prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded.
Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred or redeemed for cash, but Sponsor, in its sole discretion may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if prize becomes unavailable for any reason. If winner cannot accept prize as stated the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected. All Federal, State and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner.
Sponsor is not responsible if US Open is rained out or postponed, or cancelled after ticketing of prize for any reason, in whole or in part. In that event, winners will receive remainder of the prize. No compensation will be paid in lieu of US Open ticket portion of prize. Ticket prize may not be used for advertising, promotions (including contests or sweepstakes) or other trade purposes without the prior express written consent of the USTA.
Odds of winning Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
For potential Canadian winners: If a potential winner is a resident of Canada, in order to be declared a winner and receive the prize, the potential winner must first correctly answer a four function mathematical skill-testing question within five minutes without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise. The skill testing question will be administered either by phone or email. If the potential winner cannot be contacted and the skill testing question administered within three business days of receipt of the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release or the skill testing question is incorrectly answered, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: If a winner of any prize is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, winner’s parent/legal guardian who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within five (5) days of notification. Failure to return documents timely, or if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if any winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, winner may be disqualified, the prize forfeited, and an alternate winner selected. Where permitted by law, winners grant to Sponsor (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request of Sponsor) and those acting pursuant to its authority, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, except where prohibited by law, and without notice, review and approval. By participating, participants release and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, Promotion Administrator, their respective parents, subsidiaries, related companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind (whether due to negligence or otherwise,) to person(s), including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or participation in any Promotion or travel related activity, or participation in this Promotion.
Promotion Administrator and/or Sponsor reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found, in their sole discretion, to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or Web site; (b) in violation of the Terms of Service of the Web site; (c) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (d) acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, or like entry methods will void all such entries, and any participant using any such method will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Promotion at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Promotion Administrator and/or Sponsor may prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, email or entries, or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, or tampering or hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, and further are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, traffic congestion, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Web site, Internet or Web site access or availability, or for any hardware or software or program/programming malfunctions whether due to technical errors or failures or unauthorized human intervention, or for the failure to capture, or loss of, any entry or other information. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the Web site. If, for any reason, this Promotion, or any part thereof, as solely determined by Sponsor and/or PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR and/or Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR and/or Sponsor reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and/or select the winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR and/or Sponsor. In such event you may be advised on the Promotion page to forward your confirmation email to an email address specified by PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR and/or Sponsor or mail your entire original Promotion message print out to an address specified by PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR and/or Sponsor for decoding. Specific instructions will appear on said page. PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR or Sponsor, however, reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to address an Internet raised or related issue in any manner they deem fair and appropriate.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM the WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited by law, the Promotion is governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflict of law doctrine of any jurisdiction, with venue in the County of Queens, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of competent jurisdiction of New York. .
10. WINNERS' LIST: For names of winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by 12/31/2017 to: Net Generation 2018 US Open Sweepstakes - Winners List, PO box 1006 12700 Inglewood Ave., Hawthorne, CA 90250. For a copy of these Official Rules mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "OFFICIAL RULES" for receipt by 11/05/2017. Canadian residents may omit return postage.